Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Sarajevo is more beautiful then I ever thought" - Interview by Gillian Anderson


On the last day of the Sarajevo Film Festival, Gillian Anderson, the 41 year old actress gave an interview. She became world wide famous with her role as the Special Agent Dana Scully in "The X-Files".

Anderson has talked about the sci-fi series which has made her popular, but also about difficulties when the series was over. The producers saw her only as the agent who was born to solve mysteries.

In efforts to break this chain, as she said, she was helped by the producer Willard Carroll who gave her a role in his movie "Playing by Heart". As she stated, that was one of her favorite roles since she has already been admiring Wilard Carroll's work but also because of the fact that the list of actors on this film was very impressive, including the following actors; Sean Connery, Angeline Jolie, Jon Stewart, Gene Rowlands and Ryan Phillippea...

"I loved his previous movies and I hoped that he could prove to the world that I was able to do something different", said Gillian. She played in 9 seasons of "The X-Files" and she said she enjoyed every moment of it."

"Despite the fact that I didn't dislike playing on this show, it was very different from playing on a movie. Filming a movie comes as a vacation, the rhythm is slower. The daily pression on the series set is the worse part which no one should endure. Usually, the series was filmed during a period of 9 months. I had time for myself only during the remaining 3 months of the year to take vacation and to have a chance to do something else", said this guest of the Sarajevo Film Festival. She will be holding a lecture at the Talent Campus later today.

Anderson spoke about her acting debute - she has done her first play as she was in the sixth grade. She also spoke about her future project and how she plans to direct movies.

"I am very interested in directing. There's a book I would like to adapt on big screen and I've been working on that for quite some time", said Anderson. She has already had the opportunity to direct one episodes of "The X-Files".

At the end of the interview, she also told the press that "Sarajevo is more beautiful then I ever thought"

"The city looks amazing and I am happy to visit the downtown this afternoon. I took a walk in Sarajevo last night and had a dinner. You have a delicious food here."


Source: http://sarajevo-x.com/kultura/sff/clanak/090820042

Translation from bosnian by Gomnitus.

No comments: